• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 20.Jan.2006 4:43:20 PM   
mikemalter

I moved a web site to our colocation facility after hosting it on our corporate lan during development.  After the move, on my workstation only, whenever I try to go to that url, I try to go to the old address.

I was going out through ISA2004 and then back in which is a no-no , but it was just easier at the time.  Now that the site has been moved, somehow my browser (?) thinks it is still on our lan.

Any ideas about what I can do?

Thanks.

Mike Malter
Mike Malter & Associates, Inc.
The Computer Mutt Blog
Post #: 1
RE: Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 21.Jan.2006 5:41:38 AM   
carorieta

Hi Mike,
If you ping your web site by name, what is the resolving IP address? Your internal IP?
Did you try Ipconfig /flushdns from the command prompt on your computer?
Leet us know

carorieta

(in reply to mikemalter)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 21.Jan.2006 6:56:57 AM   
ClintD

HOSTS file entry maybe?

(in reply to carorieta)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 21.Jan.2006 7:05:15 AM   
mikemalter

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, I did all of the above and even rebooted as well as clearing browser cache.

I remember hearing something about ISA Server caching DNS entries and was wondering how I could clear that cache.  Also, maybe I am pointed to a cached site in ISA too.  I have been having cache issues (well what I consider are issues).  Since ISA reverse caches web by default, we are now caching pages that change in development, but the "old" page gets reloaded instead.  This mostly happens with javascript only pages.

So, is there a way to flush ISA's DNS as well as its page cache?

Thanks.

Mike Malter
Mike Malter & Associates, Inc.
The Computer Mutt Blog

(in reply to ClintD)
Post #: 4
RE: Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 21.Jan.2006 7:52:02 AM   
carorieta

Mike,
If this the result from cache on the Firewall, everyone would have the same problem, everyone goes through the Firewall to access the web, you stated that is only you the one with the problem.
You can go ahead and try to ping from the firewall, and again see to what IP address is the firewall resolving the site name.
Does everyone use the same DNS server?

I am going to ask U the same question , from your computer when U ping the site, what is the IP Address that you get back?
The IP address of the server that was hosting the site, or the IP address of the ISA server (external)
Thanks and good luck

carorieta

(in reply to mikemalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. - 21.Jan.2006 3:42:28 PM   
LLigetfa

IIRC, the FWC will cache DNS records for 6 hours.  Well, ISA 2000 FWC did, not sure about 2K4.
As for content caching, that can be controlled by cache rules.  You can either dump the entire cache from the ISA console or by the help of a script from MS, or use their CacheDirTool to expire individual content.
Make sure that SyncMode5 in your browser is set to "Every visit to the page" and try [Ctrl]-[F5] to force a refresh.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to carorieta)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web Site Moved, but try to tell my browser that. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts