• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration - 26.Jan.2006 3:04:56 PM   
nhyer

Currently I have ISA 2004 and SurfControl WebFilter plugin.  But I am having trouble with certain protocols (RealPlayer) and others traversing the ISA Proxy server.  Logistically it is not possible for me to install the firewall client (I have many Mac workstations).

I have an idea that may work but just want to present this to the group to get some feedback.  Basicly I would like to capture all outbound web traffic and filter it but allow other protocols to go straight out to the internet.  Since the problem with RealPlayer and other such applications is beacuse of authentication, I think I would still need to turn authentication off, or perhaps route the traffic to go straight out through another firewall with no authentication.

How would a routing rule work in ISA to do this?  What types of rules would I need to make to accomplish this goal?

Any ideas would be welcomed.  I enjoy hearing from others about their experiences with ISA 2004.

Thanks,

Nick
Post #: 1
RE: ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration - 26.Jan.2006 3:07:56 PM   
LLigetfa

Forget routing... ISA will not do shaping.  You need to set authentication *per rule* and then create anonymous rules for specific protocols/computer sets/destination sets.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to nhyer)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration - 26.Jan.2006 4:54:43 PM   
nhyer

Thanks for the response...

I thought Authentication on ISA 2004 was global (i.e. it is either on or off).  If that is indeed the case, then that will be perfect.  I can make the ISA 2004 server as the default gateway out for all computers and just allow all other protocols out and authenticate web rules.  THis way they can be filtered. 

Additionally I also do not want other browsers to be loaded and used.  Only IE will be supported.

Nick

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> ISA2004 Transparent Filter Configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts