• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP read only + VPN Clients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> FTP read only + VPN Clients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP read only + VPN Clients - 29.Jan.2006 1:22:38 PM   
DRappaport

Dear All,

I use an ISA Server 2004 (the HP ProLiant DL320 appliance with two network cards, one internal, one external).

I configured an access policy to allow outgoing FTP access from the internal network and the “VPN clients” network to “All networks (and local host)”. The read only checkbox for the FTP filter is unchecked.

If clients from the internal network connect to an FTP server on the internet, they can upload files without problems. A client connected by a VPN connection can not upload a file, it gets access denied.

The strange thing is that the outgoing FTP access for both the internal network and the “VPN Clients” network is allowed by just one access policy. So if this rule would say “block write access to any FTP server”, it should affect clients from both networks instead of only VPN clients!

The clients don’t use the Firewall client.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Dominik
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> FTP read only + VPN Clients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts