• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem routing traffic through ISA Server 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Problem routing traffic through ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem routing traffic through ISA Server 2004 - 30.Jan.2006 11:59:39 AM   
rhedley

Hi,

I'll just describe the setup of the network first.

1 x SBS 2003 Premium Sp1 running ISA 2004. The server has 2 Nic's, one for local and one for internet which is plugged in an ISP supplied router which passes all incoming traffic to the second Nic of the server. The Second Nic of the server has a public IP address.

OK the problem we have is that an ASP has installed a Cisco router on our network to support a VPN connection which is needed for a telnet based bespoke application which is hosted on the ASP's servers. The internal interface of the Cisco router plugs directly into our Lan switch and the internet interface on the Cisco router also plugs into the ISP supplied router so effectively by-passing the ISA server. The cisco router has an internal ip address of 192.168.1.5 and a static route has been applied to the server to allow traffic to route to the remote network. 192.168.1.5 routing to 10.183.1.1

Ok so when a user tries to telnet into 10.183.1.1 ISA server blocks access to it, it just says Denied connection in the logging however it shows the source IP of the blocked traffic as the external interface on the server.

I also get a Microsoft Firewall Event ID 14147 in the Application log.

ISA Server detected routes through adapter Server Local Area Connection that do not correlate with the network element to which this adapter belongs. For best practice, the address range of an ISA Server network should match the address ranges routable through the associated network adapter as defined in the routing table. Otherwise valid packets may be dropped as spoofed. (This alert may occur momentarily when you create a remote site network. You may safely ignore this message if it does not reoccur.) The address ranges in conflict are: 10.183.1.1-10.183.1.1;.

What I need to do is get ISA 2004 to allow traffic to route to the remote network via the Cisco router. It worked fine when we had ISA 2000 installed but since we upgraded to SP1 & ISA 2004 it stopped working. All client machines and the server have permission to use Telnet in the policies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Problem routing traffic through ISA Server 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts