• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!? - 12.Feb.2006 4:53:05 AM   
jsun9

I'm trying to connect to a XP machine off site. Going through another site's ISA servers it works just fine. But when I try to connect through the ISA 2000 firewall here, it connects, but I don't see a logon screen and after a minute or so it disconnects and says "the connection to the remote computer was broken". The ISA server is run on Windows Server 2003 with all the latest updates/hot fixes. The other site's server is Windows Server 2000. I can't see why the difference would be the problem through.

I've created an "Allow All" rule for Site & Content and created a protocol rule that allows the built-in "RDP (Terminal Services)" through. I have an ip packet filter rule that allows me to connect to the ISA server remotely and that works just fine (TCP,Inbound,Local 3389,Remote all ports).

What could this be? I don't have the firewall client installed but I shouldn't have to; it works behind other ISA servers just fine without it.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!? - 15.Feb.2006 5:43:46 AM   
jsun9

Hmm.. I can connect using the firewall client. Why do I need the firewall client?? I know it works without it!

(in reply to jsun9)
Post #: 2
RE: Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!? - 8.Apr.2006 11:00:57 PM   
jsun9

I now just upgraded another old ISA 2000 box from Win2K to Win2003 (whole new server/install) and now I have the same issue. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? It seems that Win2003 is affecting this somehow.

(in reply to jsun9)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Remote Desktop (TCP,3389) outbound sort of works?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts