• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Network Rules and Proxy Authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Network Rules and Proxy Authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Network Rules and Proxy Authentication - 23.Feb.2006 11:54:58 PM   
bsockel

By default we would like all users to authenticate to our ISA server.  We have the default set do do internal windows authentication in order to connect to the internet.  Is it possible to create an additional network rule to allow anonymous access to a specific set of sites? IE Windows Activation?
Post #: 1
RE: Network Rules and Proxy Authentication - 24.Feb.2006 12:43:15 AM   
LLigetfa

Why not apply authentication on specific access rules instead of on the network rule?  Then you can order your anonymous rules before the authenticating ones.  Works for me.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to bsockel)
Post #: 2
RE: Network Rules and Proxy Authentication - 24.Feb.2006 5:58:11 PM   
bsockel

Ok i have removed required authentication from my internal network under web proxy and authentication, i have modified two rules to test this,

Top Rule:
  1. Anonymous Web Access
    To - Domain Name Set (Allowed anonymous websites)
    Authentication - All Users
  2. Default Web Access
    To - External
    Exceptions - Blocked Websites
    Authentication - Domain Users

That seems to let me do what i need to do, but when i look at my logging i am still seeing alot of anonymous web access to sites, specifically over port 443.  Over port 80, it seems to drop the anonymous users.  Is that normal?

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: Network Rules and Proxy Authentication - 24.Feb.2006 6:59:36 PM   
LLigetfa

quote:

i am still seeing alot of anonymous web access to sites, specifically over port 443

That is probably misleading info.  Look at the details of the log entries for enlightenment.  It has been discussed here from time to time.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to bsockel)
Post #: 4
RE: Network Rules and Proxy Authentication - 24.Feb.2006 7:34:58 PM   
elmajdal

quote:

ORIGINAL: bsockel
when i look at my logging i am still seeing alot of anonymous web access to sites, specifically over port 443.

yes normal.

check this: http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002006234/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002006274

HTH

(in reply to bsockel)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Network Rules and Proxy Authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts