• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 24.Feb.2006 6:45:21 PM   
crmx

Hello,

my current situation is asthe topic says..
i removed gateway from every client in our company and put them on proxy..
there is no authetication made to isa and it all seems to work just fine, except for a few employees that need to access external mail servers on their outlook.

the problem is how can i get web proxy to let them access external mail server without the need to setup a gateway on their network configuration ?

thanks in advance,

--Victor
Post #: 1
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 12:26:47 AM   
Jason Jones

Check out the firewall client...

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 2
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 12:32:10 AM   
LLigetfa

What was the point of removing the default gateway on all the clients?  What does that accomplish?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 12:48:17 AM   
elmajdal

hi,

as Jason said , check th FWC .
the issue is discussed here : http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004olpop3smtp.html

HTH

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 4
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 4:21:57 PM   
crmx

hi there,

well i am not using firewall client. its not installed..

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 5
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 4:33:59 PM   
crmx

more details on my network:

i have a win2003 AD at work where isa machine is a member,
the people trying to access external mail servers are on other domain based on NT4.0 and some are in a WORKGROUP.

i have no Firewall Client installed in ISA 2004, and the rules are for ALL USERS, no authetication needed.
as i said before the clients have a empty gateway and are only on Web Proxy.

i get the error from outlook express and outlook 2000 that it cant connect to the specified pop3 server..

i already read that article but since no FWC installed the trick wont work for me..

hope anyone can help,

thanks in advance

--Victor

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 6
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 7:49:06 PM   
ISAServerTools

If your users are not using the ISA as their default gateway and you do not have the Firewall Client installed, they will not be able to access POP3 unless the POP3 server is on your local area network... period.

You will have to do one or the other.

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 7
RE: webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers - 26.Feb.2006 10:21:06 PM   
crmx

good answer =)
thanks

(in reply to crmx)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> webproxy clients cant access external pop3 servers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts