• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autoconfig script not using FQDN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Autoconfig script not using FQDN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autoconfig script not using FQDN - 1.Mar.2006 8:02:26 PM   
mthurmond

Hello,

I was examining my autoconfiguration script and I noticed that it does not reference the ISA servers by FQDN.  Instead it references them by their actual IP.

Does anyone know why?

Also, has anyone contacted microsoft requesting the ability to specify what isa servers are included in the script - say for example if you are using load balancing hardware and you also want the ease of configuration of the automatic configuration script.

Thanks,

-Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Autoconfig script not using FQDN - 2.Mar.2006 11:56:49 PM   
Jason Jones

Yeah, I have seen this and asked a question on the forums a few weeks back, but no one seemd to know why...

The script is generated internaly to ISA and only includes servers that are defined as array members - I don't think it is possible to modify this list.

There is no reason why you could not write your own autoconfig script (or .pac file) and place this on a web server interanlly...you can define the WPAD entry to use this web address for your custom script, as opposed to the ISA server. You lose some of the automation provided by ISA, but you gain more flexibility.

HTH

JJ

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 2.Mar.2006 11:58:04 PM >

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to mthurmond)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Autoconfig script not using FQDN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts