• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA sizing guide and scalability info

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> ISA sizing guide and scalability info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA sizing guide and scalability info - 6.Mar.2006 2:42:06 AM   
allconfused

Hi Guys, We have a large enterprise (10,000+ users) and I am looking at upgrading out ISA2000 proxy environment to 2004.
I am trying to find a guide somewhere to help me figure out how much capacity (cpu's, ram, hard disk etc) I will need
if I have X number of users making X req/sec with X sized cache on servers that solely do proxying (no vpn or firewall functionality)
I'm having a hell of a time tracking anything down.
can any of you help with advice or a link or anything?
thanks
A

Post #: 1
RE: ISA sizing guide and scalability info - 6.Mar.2006 6:44:46 AM   
Sunny.C

I take it that you will be using more than a single server for a enterprise of that size.
I would suggest a min of 2x dual xeon 3GHz, min of 2Gb ram ddr ecc(more if caching), make sure you have yourself some fast 15,000rpm hard drives,  make sure you have top of the line nics try getting dual nics for load balancing and faster response time. Bottom line go as much as you can go with the server specs.

(in reply to allconfused)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> ISA sizing guide and scalability info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts