• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall to enable selective IM use

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall to enable selective IM use Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 1.Jun.2006 9:30:13 PM   
EnriqueFM

Hi Tom:

The article is good and full detailed. But I've a problem, in my ISA Server 2004 the mentioned "Filtering" button in protocol dialog is disabled so can't go on with configuration.

Do you know the reason?

The server is in first configuration, I have two rules for route IP camera traffic, the defaul 'Deny all traffic' rule and a 'Allow all outbound Traffic' added by my self.

Thank's

PD. I'm in my fist steps with ISA Server.

(in reply to ivancarlo)
Post #: 21
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 4.Jun.2006 5:30:07 PM   
tshinder

Hi Enrique,

If the filtering button is disabled, it indicates that the protocol in question doesn't have a filter or if its HTTP, then the HTTP filter might have been unbound.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to EnriqueFM)
Post #: 22
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 7.Jun.2006 11:59:07 PM   
mciftci

Dear Sir,

I want some users to reach limited web sites and messenger service.
With url sets it is easy to define the sites permitted.
But what should i do to give messenger service permission to specific users?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

mciftci

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 23
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 9.Jun.2006 2:52:44 AM   
tshinder

Hi MCI,

You can create a domain name set for those sites and then create an allow rule to that domain name set.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mciftci)
Post #: 24
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 9.Jun.2006 10:35:05 AM   
mciftci

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
At first i thought could not tell the problem.
Then i saw the answer is an aspirin.

As you adviced, i have created a domain set with the domains below. Everything works well...
Maybe it will be usefull for other people.

Thanks again.

Access Rule: Messenger permission for some users
Protocols : HTTP, HTTPS, Msn Messenger.
To: Domain Name Set (Which includes *.msn.com , *.hotmail.com , *.live.com , *.passport.com)
Condition: User Group (Which includes your permitted users) 

MC

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 25
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 11.Jun.2006 5:12:09 PM   
tshinder

Hi MC,

GREAT! Good to hear you got it working and thanks for the follow up!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mciftci)
Post #: 26
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 1.Aug.2006 12:02:32 PM   
BedriOzgur

Hello,

I have tried the article and it working fine but after making a deep check I saw that some of my users are still able to connect to MSN Messenger network. They were just seting their status to Appear Offline and chatting wjile appearing offline. This is a new feature coming with MSN 8 / Windows Live Messenger.

Users using v7.5 were blocked but those who use Windows Live Messenger were not.

I tried to enter a new signature for Windows Live Messenger. Exactly the same as MSN Messenger 7.5, but the Name and Signature values are set to Windows Live Messenger. I works great, 20 minutes since I entered the signature and 13th Phone Call from my unhappy users.

Hope it helps...

Bedri Özgür

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 27
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 2.Aug.2006 10:18:22 AM   
sunlight

Hi, thanks for your articles.

I'm wondering.. is this article good for windows LIVE messenger too ?

In the past I created a rule to allow MSN Messenger in ISA (and worked fine with msn up to version 7.5) but no more working with msn live messenger.

thanks

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 28
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 13.Aug.2006 7:33:48 PM   
tshinder

Hi Sun,

I haven't seen Windows Live Messenger. How does it differ from MSN Messenger?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to sunlight)
Post #: 29
Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall to e... - 7.Dec.2006 1:47:31 PM   
jdaristizabal

Hi Tshinder

I follow tour article instructions several times and I don't know why still doesn't work for MSN Messenger 7.5. It just worked for Windows Messenger.

I'm trying to implement your article in a Small Business Server 2003 Premium Installation.

Could you give me some tips why it is possible that it doesn't work for me?

Thank you

Juan

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 30
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 22.Dec.2006 2:59:51 AM   
ivalvin

Hi Tom

I've bought your books and I think they are excellent, but I've the same problem as EnriqueFM.

My filering button is disabled, and I don't know what do you mean when you say that the HTTP filter might have been unbound.

Thanks in advance

Israel

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 31
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 22.Dec.2006 3:26:41 AM   
elmajdal

Hi ivalvin,

if i am not mistaken , i think you mean the Configure HTTP   ?

This is caused by you disassociating the Web Proxy filter from the HTTP protocol. In the HTTP protocol that you have in your rule, go into the Toolbox\Protocols and in the properties of that protocol, re-associate the Web Proxy filter.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to ivalvin)
Post #: 32
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 22.Dec.2006 3:43:39 AM   
ivalvin

Hi Tarek

I have tried it and works!! Thank you so much!!

Israel

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 33
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 22.Dec.2006 4:47:51 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

ORIGINAL: ivalvin

Hi Tarek

I have tried it and works!! Thank you so much!!

Israel

Glad it worked, and thanks for the follow up.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to ivalvin)
Post #: 34
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 28.May2007 3:11:45 AM   
rungroj

Hi Tom

I'm using ISA 2006. I can create a new access rule as your procedure but when right on new rule that I created there is no the HTTP policy configulation.

Please be advice ASAP

Best regards

Rungroj

(in reply to ivancarlo)
Post #: 35
RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall ... - 6.Sep.2007 12:18:49 PM   
lovina

It does block MSN Messenger but also block all the http.
I only have 5 users so I don't have exception. I just want to block all MSN messenger instead it block all my http and https. What did I do wrong. Or could you tell me how to block MSN only thanks

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 36

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> RE: Discussion about article on using the ISA firewall to enable selective IM use Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts