• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

local access (from server with isa2004 installed) NOT via the localhost proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> local access (from server with isa2004 installed) NOT via the localhost proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
local access (from server with isa2004 installed) NOT v... - 14.Mar.2006 12:25:53 PM   
Pete Fry

is this possible? i'm trying to get websense to work on my ISA 2004 server,

i've created various rules that should allow local access to the internet with no authentication but i can't get websense to do a database download it comes
up with an authentication error

on my old box (using ISA 2000) i could get out to the internet not via the local proxy and it all worked well but i can't seem to even webbrowse from the machine
the ISA 2004 server is installed on without using the local proxy

security isn't a concern for this as i'm only using it as a web proxy and this is sitting behind another applicance firewall

i'm using ISA2004 SP1 and its on windows 2003 SP1

any more info just ask and i'll try and supply it

i have configured the ISA in sinple network adapter mode
and
added an allow rule  all outbound trafic / from ALL to ALL condition All Users

so i would have thought this would allow everyone and their dog access to use the proxy

< Message edited by Pete Fry -- 14.Mar.2006 2:02:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: local access (from server with isa2004 installed) N... - 15.Mar.2006 10:57:53 AM   
Pete Fry

after adding some rules and enabling basic auth to the network websense can download its database using a username / password so all sorted

(in reply to Pete Fry)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> local access (from server with isa2004 installed) NOT via the localhost proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts