• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All clients, all web sites

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All clients, all web sites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All clients, a... - 18.Mar.2006 9:37:47 PM   
kpetobo

After two days spent persuing this issue, I am at my wit's end.

Scenario is an SBS2003 box with SP1 (and ISA2004) installed. However, all clients (and the SBS Box) get a 10060: Connection Timed Out error on all websites/pages other than internal.

The ISA/SBS box connects through a router/modem which is essentially providing the DMZ for the network. Machines connected directly through the router can browse site without a problem (or I would be able to visit/post/view this forum).
Clients behind the ISA/SBS box appear to be connecting to the internet, as other programs & clients are functioning.

So... issue must be with the proxy in ISA, I'm thinking. I haven't changed/defined any rules for the proxy, other than whatever the install and CEICW does. From my limited knowledge, everything appears the same for the WAN connection as revealed in an IPCONFIG /ALL for machines in the DMZ.

In the ISA logs, I see 'failed connection' events logged against ALL http requests from both clients and server. And the issue has to exist at the server, because machines in the DMZ are connecting.

I have tried to disable the proxy filter, but that didn't work.

Having now invested 12+ hours in banging my head, I would be very grateful for any pointers, guidence or links.

HELP...!

Further Information (another 3 hours...)

I have now run/installed both Jim Harrison's sbs_wpad_2 tool and the copylattowebproxy script. Still no joy.

I've taken Tom Shinder's advice about DNS forwarders and removed those entries in the DNS server, so it should be doing recursion... no joy.

I've found advise on TechNet about configuring access rules to allow traffic from the Internal network to the ISA Server (Local Host) and vice versa... no joy.

HELP!

< Message edited by kpetobo -- 19.Mar.2006 1:01:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All client... - 20.Mar.2006 8:15:56 AM   
hantahipi

Hi,

quote:

I haven't changed/defined any rules for the proxy, other than whatever the install and CEICW does....

No rules at all? ISA does have a default rule denying all traffic from all networks (without prejudice!!) That is why isa will not work without some more rules to allow internal to localhost communication and internal to external communication.

One of the easier ways to do this is to pick a network template under configuration ==> Networks. (Open the isa server management console and expand servername then configuration. When you run the template that represents your network config, then several "starter rules" are created. You will then build on these rules.

The other not so easy way is to create rules to allow 1)Internal to Localhost 2) DNS Server 3) DHCP (if u r using it) 4) Internal to External (or Internet connection)

First things first, when you ran the CEICW, were the server and all the machines able to connect to the internet? If the were, then proceed with the advise above, if they weren't look at you DNS config again.

(in reply to kpetobo)
Post #: 2
RE: Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All client... - 20.Mar.2006 12:40:14 PM   
kpetobo

Hello:

quote:

No rules at all? ISA does have a default rule denying all traffic from all networks (without prejudice!!) That is why isa will not work without some more rules to allow internal to localhost communication and internal to external communication.

No, what I meant was that I hadn't made any changes to the default rule set defined by CEICW. That is about 21 firewall access rules.

Thank you for your assistance. However, I have now uninstalled ISA 2004 and reset the machine back to a pre-install state... everything is working as before. When I have another 72+ hours free, I will attempt the set-up again.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

(in reply to hantahipi)
Post #: 3
RE: Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All client... - 20.Mar.2006 3:52:55 PM   
hantahipi

Hi,

If CEICW stands for Configure Email & Internet Connection Wizard, then it would not configure isa rules, or would it? I am at a loss because i understand it an SBS OS wizard that would have little to do with isa rules.

Before you get the 72 hrs, this might be a good time to look for a how to... for isa (available on this site), any professional who wants to be thorough uses one til he internalises everything (I am saying this positively)

All the best

(in reply to kpetobo)
Post #: 4
RE: Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All client... - 20.Mar.2006 11:15:08 PM   
kpetobo

Hello, and very many thanks for your response.
I can help you with one thing... installing ISA on an SBS box triggers the CEICW towards the end of the process. It is the default way to configure connections on an SBS box. It is the first thing you are advised to do in SBS-World when things begin to go awry with connectivity. It is a powerful wizard, and tends to configure things very well.

As to your recommendation about the 'how-to' it is taken in the spirit of rational, professional guidance I believe you have given it. And believe me, I will! This site is bookmarked & will be throughly reviewed before my next installation attempt. Problem is, with a first install, ine doesn't know that resources like this are available until things start to go wrong... and then you are fire-fighting.

Again, thank you for your time and attention.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

(in reply to hantahipi)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Error Code 10060: Connection Timed Out - All clients, all web sites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts