ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation

tshinder -> ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (21.Mar.2006 6:09:19 PM)

This thread is for discussing the article on ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration at http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-Server-2006-Installing-ISA-2006-Enterprise-Edition-beta-Unihomed-Workgroup-Configuration.html 

HTH,
Tom

ITEngineer -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (28.Mar.2006 9:45:28 PM)

hi tshin,
quote:

Install both ISA Server services and Configuration Storage server option. Note that this option implies that you can install both ISA Server firewall services and the CSS at the same time, and then later install additional array members once you have this installed. This is not true. Use this option only if you plan to deploy a single member ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition array. If you plan to add additional array members later, then do not select this option. Since this article is focused on installing a single ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition unihomed device as a single member array, we will use this option. Click Next.

Then if i need to installed 2 ISA EE , i need to have 3 servers ?

one for each ISA node and one for the storage server.

cant i have the storage server and one of the nodes on the same server and the other node on another server which result in a total of 2 server only ?

tshinder -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (29.Mar.2006 6:39:12 PM)

Hi ITE,

No, you don't need a third server, you just need to approach the installation a bit differently.

HTH,
Tom

ITEngineer -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (29.Mar.2006 6:44:27 PM)

hi tshin,

can i follow http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Installing-Configuring-ISA-Server-2004-Enterprise-Edition-Part1.html which the change that the CSS is installed on one of the ISA servers?

tshinder -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (30.Mar.2006 6:13:48 AM)

Hi ITE,

Yes, the approach there is the one you take when you want to install multiple array members.

Tom

mersild -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (13.Jun.2007 5:47:23 PM)

Sorry, I'm new to these forums but I had a question about your article series.

Why shouldn't join the ISA server to the domain?

Is it required to use the Enterprise edition?  When I looked at the feature comparison it seemed that standard could probably do the functions described.

Thanks

tshinder -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (14.Jun.2007 10:35:01 AM)

Hi Merslid,

You should join the ISA Firewall to the domain. However, there are some poorly informed "hardware" firewall admins who don't understand that.

HTH,
Tom

mersild -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (20.Jun.2007 6:53:25 PM)

You said not to join ISA to domain in article:  Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration

Before you get started installing ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition on a new computer, make sure you have done the following:

Install Windows Server 2003 and installed Windows Server 2003 SP1 and all current updates
Do not join the unihomed computer to the domain
Configure a static IP address on the network interface
Also, I'm still curious if the Web Publishing Rule for OWA would work as illustrated if I used ISA 2006 Standard instead of Enterprise?

Thank you for your help.

tshinder -> RE: ISA Server 2006: Installing ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition (beta) in a Unihomed Workgroup Configuration (21.Jun.2007 12:06:31 AM)

Unihomed is not secure.

However, if you must, join the ISA Firewall to the domain --always.

Domain joined ISA Firewalls are more secure.

HTH,
Tom

Page: [1]