• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Surf Control not playing nice with Firewall client on PCs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Surf Control not playing nice with Firewall client on PCs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surf Control not playing nice with Firewall client on PCs - 26.Mar.2006 5:03:01 AM   
jrink

Ok... Not sure what to do about this.

Surfcontrol is installed on my ISA 2000 server as a plugin at a place I consult for.

All of the PCs are setup as web proxy clients and firewall clients.  When they web surf through IE, they are subject to whatever rules the Surf Control filter has in place.  However, if they go into IE, and turn off the proxy settings, the internet traffic seems to go through the Firewall client at this point.  However, they are no longer subject to the Surf Control filter when only using the firewall client.

Now, while they typically force users to use the web proxy settings in IE forced via Group Policy, it doesn't prevent users with admin access from installing Firefox, setting NO proxy settings, using the firewall client for internet surfing and getting around the filter.

I don't know if this is an ISA issue or Surf Control issue at this point?  Can anyone shed some insight?  I'm very new to Surf Control.  It would seem like, as long as it's a plugin on ISA, whether the internet request comes from a web proxy client, or firewall client, that ISA should pass that request on to Surf Control.... however, that doesn't seem to be the case. ??

JR
Post #: 1
RE: Surf Control not playing nice with Firewall client ... - 27.Mar.2006 3:11:50 PM   
jrink

Looks like it's a surf control problem.  I'll be contacting them...

(in reply to jrink)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Surf Control not playing nice with Firewall client on PCs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts