• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2 ISA Domain problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> ISA 2 ISA Domain problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2 ISA Domain problems - 30.Mar.2006 7:21:30 AM   
krilars

Hey

I have two ISA 2004 with latest SP on a win2003 running at the main office and our branch office, i have set up IPSec and create policies so the two networks can see each other internally. The problem is that on the branch ISA localhost, i cannot contact the main office domain controller, when i use the MMC (Users & Computers) and try to connect to the main office domain controller (using either DNS name and IP address) i get a cannot connect error or RPC Server is unavailable. When i try the same from the internal network (a desktop computer) at the branch there is no problem, why can the ISA at the branch not see the servers at the main office. The problem is that i installed/created a child domain on the Branch ISA Server while it was still being configured on the internal network at the main office, but now it cannot contact the main domain when i try to remove it.

Thx
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2 ISA Domain problems - 3.Apr.2006 2:44:39 PM   
tshinder

Hi Krilars,

If you're using IPSec tunnel mode between the two ISA firewalls you might want to check my blog. You're running a low security solution and also cutting your bandwidth in half!

Try L2TP/IPSec and see if that fixes the problem.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to krilars)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2 ISA Domain problems - 3.Apr.2006 3:25:28 PM   
elmajdal

hi Tom,

it would be nice to have such an article on how to set up an L2TP/IPSEC . then it would be much easier to refer to it for other users as the rest of the article made before.

thanks.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> ISA 2 ISA Domain problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts