• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with OWA when I block specific content.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with OWA when I block specific content. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with OWA when I block specific content. - 31.Mar.2006 2:09:22 PM   
mklomp

I use an ISA 2004 server as a caching server. This server is a unihomed configuration, because I donít need a complete firewall solution. The server allows only HTTP and HTTPS but I want to block video content.

Iíve tried a additional rule that specifically blocks video content(http://forums.isaserver.org/Problem_with_blocking_video_content/m_2002011925/tm.htm). But that isnít working and I canít figure out why, so I try it another way.

Now Iíve two rules. The rule that allows HTTP and HTTPS, and the last default rule.

The Allow rule:
Name: Allow HTTP & HTTPS for Users_WWW
Action: Allow
Protocols: HTTP & HTTPS
To: all networks
Users: all users
Content Type: selected content types(all selected excepts video)

When I do this video content is blocked but external OWA sites donít work anymore. And some other sites arenít working either.
An example is www.reddit.com I got the following error: Error Code 502 Proxy Error. The isa server denied the scecified uniform resource locator(URL).

If I changed the content Type to: All content types. OWA and www.reddit.com are working again.

I know that it is possible to create an additional content type but I donít know the extensions I need to include to make OWA working again. Without allowing video
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with OWA when I block specific content. - 6.Apr.2006 10:35:11 AM   
mklomp

Doesnít anybody have any idea to solve this problem?

(in reply to mklomp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with OWA when I block specific content. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts