• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days - 15.Apr.2006 5:31:07 AM   
hkohila

Hello all,
I am installed ISA 2004, and everything went OK so far. I got the VPN Portion up and running as well as the web caching. everything seem to be working fine.
I do have one problem which is,
After a few days ISA server was not able to access the internet, however I created a rule as the following
Action: Allow
Protocols: All Outbound traffic
To: External

I was able to access the internet from the ISA Server when I created the rule, but after a few days I was not able to do that. That, of course, effected the Web caching sessions and the windows update checking.

What is causing this problem and how can solve it?
Thanks
Hisham
Post #: 1
RE: Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days - 19.Apr.2006 3:41:16 PM   
tshinder

Hi Hisham,

Why are you connecting to the Internet from the local host? That exposes you to exploits and is not a firewall best practice.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to hkohila)
Post #: 2
RE: Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days - 19.Apr.2006 8:01:39 PM   
hkohila

Hi Tom,
I dont want to keep the local host from getting microsoft update and antivirus updates. I figured out what mistake I was doing. I did not point IE to use the proxy on the local host.
As soon as I typed the local host ip addres and the port in the proxy in IE, everything worked fine.
Do you recommend to just isolate ISA Server from accessing the internet?
Thanks
Hisham

(in reply to hkohila)
Post #: 3
RE: Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days - 19.Apr.2006 10:19:05 PM   
LLigetfa

You should maintain internal WSUS and Virus update servers and update from them.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to hkohila)
Post #: 4
RE: Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days - 20.Apr.2006 2:36:54 AM   
hkohila

I am downloading the WSUS now and I will lock down the ISA Server as far as Localhost to internet.
Thanks Alot for your help.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Local Host cannot access the Internet after few days Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts