• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA2000 config for Outbound Outlook 2003 access to remote commercial hosted exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> ISA2000 config for Outbound Outlook 2003 access to remote commercial hosted exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA2000 config for Outbound Outlook 2003 access to remo... - 20.Apr.2006 10:25:25 AM   
njmandich

I have simple requirement to access a remote commercial hosted exchange server from behind my ISA2000 firewall. I am using Outlook 2003 under XP SP2 and and standard RPC over HTTPS access, with Basic Authentication to remote exchange proxy.

I have firewall client on the PC with outlook set to disable 0, and I have set protocol rule HTTPS bidirectional on the ISA.

I have set up the Outlook profile correctly and Outlook connects at first and downloads all the messages from the hosted exchange account, but after that, the connection keeps being lost and re-established and new mesages are not received, nor are messages sent and stay in the outbox. 

It's worth noting that ISA2000 is part of SBS2000 server and there is a local Exchange server on my local network. I suspect this may be interfering (I get spurious hosted exchange login prompts when I access the local exchange through a separate profile). An unrelated observation is that messages forwarded from local exchange to the hosted exchange account are getting delayed.

I am clearly missing something and would be grateful for any guidance.

Many Thanks,
Nick
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> ISA 2000 SBS >> ISA2000 config for Outbound Outlook 2003 access to remote commercial hosted exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts