• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Etrust Antivirus definition updating

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Etrust Antivirus definition updating Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Etrust Antivirus definition updating - 20.Apr.2006 4:24:19 PM   
Cala90210

Hi,

Config. SBS2003 premium with ISA server SP2 installed

Since a couple of days my definitions stopped updating. The "problem" is in ISA. If i monitor i see a line coming in my isa server saying :
date/time
destination ip : 213.35.101.4  (which is the ftpav.ca.com)
port : 21
protocol : unidentified ip traffic
action : DENIED connection
client ip : 10.0.0.2
Source netw : local host
Destination : external

So isa is in fact denying the connection. So i need to make a rule, but i can't seem to find how to build up my rule correctly. its is not working.
Since going from 2000 to 2004 version, sometimes i have trouble of finding things that used to be easy.

don't say it, i know, i"m stupid, or i'm a isa newbie (but a real real new one)

Regards,
Jo Lambrecht
Post #: 1
RE: Etrust Antivirus definition updating - 20.Apr.2006 5:01:26 PM   
Cala90210

Hi,

Don't look any further. My rule was correct. But in the settings of the eTrust program, update settings, there's a field "proxy server", and there was nothing in the field ! filled in my proxy server and port, and updates are falling in.

Note. The field used to be empty and everything was workingl. I have noticed that after installing ISA SP2 some things need to be filled in more correctly and for somethings that worked okay, now there needs to be a rule.
My last updates where of the same date as the date i installed KB 916106, i don't know if that has something to do with it ?

Maybe stupid, but you post something after 4 hours of searching , and then you find the solution,
Regards,
Jo
and sorry for publishing maybe to fast.

(in reply to Cala90210)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Etrust Antivirus definition updating Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts