• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 - 25.Apr.2006 1:36:52 PM   
abruggeman

Hi,

I read a lot about an URL problem after installing ISA2004 Service Pack 2. I think I found another problem with SP2. We use several server publishing rules, for syslog, snmp, ntp and tftp. After installing Service Pack 2, TFTP doesn't work anymore. After uninstalling SP2, it is working again. In the log, everything is allowed, both the incoming tftp-traffic from the client and the outgoing tftp ack's from the server. In the original tftp server we see no blocks arriving after block 0.
Has anyone experienced these problems?

Albert
Post #: 1
RE: no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 - 26.Apr.2006 12:55:44 PM   
denco3813

I have the same problem. I have 3 FTP rules 2 set as read only (no problem their). and 1 read and write. After installing SP2 the read and write dont alow write anymore.
Removing SP2 may not be the answer but is anyone has a fix?

Denis

(in reply to abruggeman)
Post #: 2
RE: no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 - 26.Apr.2006 1:32:11 PM   
denco3813

I have found a workround It's a combination of software used. I explain

If I use IE6 or Windows explorer from the external network to connect to the FTP server through ISA 2004+SP2 I only get read access.
If I do the same but use a third party software, say QuteFTP I have read and write access.

I also tried to use IE6 and Windows explorer from insite our network and connect directly to the FTP server and I get read and write access.

It only appeared after we installed SP2 on the ISA 2004 server.

Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denis

(in reply to abruggeman)
Post #: 3
RE: no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 - 3.May2006 4:33:15 PM   
twscottIII

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to publish a TFTP server to deliver configurations to VOIP phones.  I can see the requests from the client hitting the TFTP server and the server shows that it is trying to send the file but the client never sees the servers response.  I am using a firewall friendly TFTP server that lets me define a local pool of ports to use for data transfer and have these defined in the server publishing rule as secondary ports. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I can't say that this is an SP2 problem as I never tested it before installing SP2 and cannot remove that SP from this production machine. 

Tom Shinder, have any comments on this?

Thanks,

(in reply to abruggeman)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> no published TFTP server with ISA2004 SP2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts