• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unusual routing for small remote site

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Unusual routing for small remote site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unusual routing for small remote site - 27.Apr.2006 7:35:06 AM   
ajw

We have a Windows 2003 SBS installation with ISA Server 2000 in our main office and everything has been configured for remote access using VPN. However, we have a small remote site that will soon have 10 workstations. The site is not large enough to have a dedicated server with Windows 2003 SBS / ISA etc. and we don't want to establish 10 seperate connections so we have decided to connect the two sites using the VPN capabilities of the 2 Netcomm NB5580 ADSL routers as shown below:

Remote-------[ADSL]--|------(VPN)------|--[ADSL]----------------------[ISA]--------Local
   192.168.2.1                                 192.168.0.1  192.168.0.2   192.168.1.1

We want the remote site (192.168.2/24) to be able to autheticate on the domain similar to workstations in the local network (192.168.1/24). The remote site can ping the external interface of the ISA Server (192.168.0.2). A static route has been setup at the remote site to route traffic to 192.168.1/24 using the 192.168.0.2 gateway. An IP Packet Filter has been created in ISA to allow all packets from 192.168.2/24. At this time we can't ping the internal interface of the ISA server from the remote site.

Could someone please indicate what is necessary to achieve a free flow of packets between the local and remote network and explain any further steps to enable the remote computers to authenticate on the local domain controller (DC = ISA)?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Aaron.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Unusual routing for small remote site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts