• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web sites are loading very slow! Why?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Web sites are loading very slow! Why? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 1.May2006 9:51:54 PM   
jamnana

I'm running ISA 2000 and using web proxy client's and web sites open very fast. When I change the web browser to use the ISA 2004 IP for Proxy, the web sites load very slow and even will freeze during the loading of the page. What am I missing here with ISA 2004?
Post #: 1
RE: Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 1.May2006 9:59:48 PM   
elmajdal

set  EnablePMTUDiscovery  to 1

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=902347

HTH

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to jamnana)
Post #: 2
RE: Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 1.May2006 11:49:04 PM   
jamnana

Thanks....I knew about that already and did add this to the server registry. I also added the access rule as well. Nonetheless, I'm still experiencing very slow loading of web sites. MSN, the home page, gets about 3/4 completed then hangs.  I have a feeling that it's a web cache or DNS issue still. I have all my internal AD DNS servers set as forwarders to the ISA 2004 box, which is set up as a cache-only DNS box that is set up to forward out to my ISP's DNS servers. Recursion is disabled on all DNS servers.

If I had to guess....It looks like the ISA 2004 cache is not working properly or that it's empty and is very slow to add cached data.
I'm also running a 64 bit processor and wonder if this is causing the problem? I will add more RAM to see if this fixes the problem as well....I have a 512 DDR MB stick in there now but will add another to see if performance improves.....how about virtual directory, should I be adding size to that as well?

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 2.May2006 4:16:28 PM   
jamnana

I changed the virtual memory to 1500 MB and added another 512 stick of RAM and the pages are still loading very slow. I wonder if the DNS cache only server on ISA 2004 is causing my problems? Maybe I should just have the internal DNS servers forward directly out the the ISP's DNS servers?????? Another hardware possibility is that I'm running SATA drives but doubt this is causing the problem....Any ideas out there to fix the slow loading of websites?

(in reply to jamnana)
Post #: 4
RE: Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 2.May2006 10:54:40 PM   
thejun

increase the connection limit.

are the pages coming up slow, or is the browser hanging for a while, then the page loads normal?

(in reply to jamnana)
Post #: 5
RE: Web sites are loading very slow! Why? - 2.May2006 11:02:16 PM   
jamnana

If the home page is msn.com.....it loads about 3/4 of the page then stops. If I try to click a link on the msn.com page, it starts the redirection but then just hangs.

I changed the home page to google.com and of coarse the page loads pretty fast but as I begin a search, it slows down again but does finally start to load the page. I will try increasing the connection but believe that the default settings should be sufficient to load a home pages but I do appreciate the help!

(in reply to thejun)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Web sites are loading very slow! Why? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts