• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails - 15.May2006 12:41:57 PM   
ainsnet

Hi there,

I have just installed MS CRM 3 on a server. When I attempt to register the product (using the inbuilt "Microsoft CRM Registration Wizard") and I use ISA 2004 as my proxy, the wizard fails stating I do not have internet access. On the CRM server, IE has the correct proxy settings & I can browse the internet fine, using the ISA as a proxy. In the ISA logs the following is recorded (logs have been truncated):

Protocol, Transport, Source Port, Destination Port, HTTP Status Code, Action, Error Information, Client Username
SSL-tunnel, TCP, 0, 443, 12209 The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request., Denied Connection, 0x0, anonymous

Then if I uncheck require all users to authenticate in Authentication Options of the Network properties in ISA management & try to register CRM again, the ISA log shows the following:

Protocol, Transport, Source Port, Destination Port, HTTP Status Code, Action, Error Information, Client Username
SSL-tunnel, TCP, 0, 443, 407, Allowed Connection, 0x800, anonymous

Additionally, in the CRM install log, the following is recorded:

12:31:08| Info| Step3 - Register CRM
12:31:09| Error| The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

As I already mentioned, the CRM server has the correct proxy information entered into IE and can browse the web, via the ISA proxy fine. So it seems the ISA box is blocking the registration wizard's attempt to connect to the registration site, because itís seeing it as an anonymous connection, irrespective of unchecking "requiring all users to authenticate". As a side issue I've noticed my ISA box is also blocking Windows registration (registration after a new OS install).

I'm not the first person to have this problem as this chap has already documented:
http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/02/22/535958.aspx

If anyone could help, suggest or discuss, I'd be most interested.

Thanks very much.

Post #: 1
RE: Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails - 16.May2006 3:36:11 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ainsnet,

Configure the destination for Direct Access.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ainsnet)
Post #: 2
RE: Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails - 19.May2006 10:58:46 AM   
ainsnet

Hi Dr Shinder, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately configuring the destination for direct access didn't work. In my environment our ISA box is a proxy/web cache and there is a separate firewall. I gave the CRM box direct access to the internet on the firewall (bypassing the ISA proxy) and the registration still failed with the same error message. I ended up opening a call with Microsoft PSS. They are aware of this issue, but there is no fix as yet and the end result is I was sent an offline registration tool to register the CRM install.

Thanks for your help anyway.

ainsnet.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails - 19.May2006 2:11:19 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ainsnet,

Got it. Let us know if PSS comes up with an answer.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ainsnet)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Registering MS CRM behind ISA 2004 fails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts