• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to make port 80 stealth

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> How to make port 80 stealth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to make port 80 stealth - 16.May2006 12:07:33 AM   
jarias

Hi,
Please help.
I have configured my ISA server 2004 as a perimeter network with two NIC cards. I use it to protect the Internal network running IIS 6. I published the web site and I created a listener as the instructions suggest and it works
I also have a DSL Cisco router that routs all port 80 traffic to the External IP address on ISA. Server.
Now, the problem is when the ISA server is off and I run GRC port’s test, port 80 is stealth, but as soon I turn it on, GRC shows port 80 wide open.
Is there a way on my ISA server to “hide” port 80 and make stealth to the outside world?
I’ve been digging around but not luck.
Thank you in advance.
George
Post #: 1
RE: How to make port 80 stealth - 16.May2006 8:20:11 PM   
spouseele

Hi George,

because you have deliberate published a web site, it is normal that TCP port 80 is not stealth because it must listen for incoming requests.

HTH,
Stefaan 

(in reply to jarias)
Post #: 2
RE: How to make port 80 stealth - 16.May2006 10:43:41 PM   
jarias

Hi Stefaan,
I got it.
I am a newbie with ISA. My question now is: is there a better way to protect port 80 on ISA server 2004?
Thank you in advance.
george

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: How to make port 80 stealth - 17.May2006 8:19:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi George,

the best way to protect TCP port 80 (HTTP) on a web server is to web publish the web server through ISA server 2004 and configure very well the HTTP filter on the publishing rule.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to jarias)
Post #: 4
RE: How to make port 80 stealth - 18.May2006 4:33:36 PM   
ewilson

Right click your web pub rule and select Configure HTTP.  Here you will see the configurables for the HTTP filter.  Use the settings in these tabs to "lock down"  http traffic thru ISA.

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> How to make port 80 stealth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts