• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Publishing Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing Exchange - 19.May2006 1:51:12 PM   
ibanyard

Anyone had any success in publishing Exchange thru 2006b? I've followed the walkthrus that MS provide, and although I get an ISA HTTP form to login, my credentials are always denied. It looks like the HTTP form needs some sort of access to my AD, to then pass on to the EX front end server, but details and help are sketchy at best!

My setup is a single public ip, forwarded on to dual-homed ISA 2006 server in DMZ (and local network). I've previously configured this setup with isa 2004 and the SSL bridging, so I'm sure that I've got the correct certs in place (exported cert from the EX server in the ISA computer personal store, root cert from my CA in the trusted root store). I've used the external url in the cert's, added a hosts entry in the ISA server so that it doesnt try and route back out to the internet

Also initially I'm just trying to get OWA off the ground, but want to use the same listener and single extenal Ip for OWA/EAS/ Outlook HTTP/RPC and Direct Push etc etc - I dont have issues using the same dns name (and therefore the same cert) for all of the services, but not sure if this is possible.

Anyone been there yet - I should point out that my ISA server is in a workgroup, so I wonder if thats why the walkthru example fails...... I can't see any suitable resources on the MS site.... ok so its early days, but I still would prefer to know how the ISA forms differ from the OWA forms, and their requirements etc...

Any help gratefully received.......
Post #: 1
RE: Publishing Exchange - 19.May2006 2:08:40 PM   
tshinder

Hi Iban,

Classic security and config error!

Yes, definitely join that ISA firewall to the domain.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to ibanyard)
Post #: 2
RE: Publishing Exchange - 19.May2006 2:47:45 PM   
ibanyard

Thanks - I did wonder, but (and I'm sure this one's been talked to death already....) seems to go against usual dmz practise... I can understand the reason's behind it - but are there any real downsides?

Also have you come accross any more in depth resources from MS other than the walkthru's.... Ideally some techy descriptions of the html forms in isa, there use etc.... Or have you any articles planned?!

(any plans for a 2006 book - already got and recommend the 2004 (and 2000!) books!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Publishing Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote