• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Tracking who logs in

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Tracking who logs in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tracking who logs in - 20.May2006 12:05:35 AM   
massos

I had a client of mine ask me "is there anyway to pull a report on who accessed my email remotely" and I told him "No there is not with the config that we have". I want to make sure I told him the right thing, because I got fired as a consultant/contract network admin because of this after over 10 years of working there.
The 2 ways that users can get to their email:
      Setup 1
  • ISA 2004 as the Firewall, with VPN setup to access a Windows 2003 Terminal Server
  • Office loaded on to this Server with Outlook profiles for the users

remote user uses  VPN built-in too XP to access VPN then uses RDP to logon to Terminal Server and then access
   his/her email.

Setup 2

• Exchange 2003 with OWA and SSL published in ISA

remote user uses link on webpage to access Forms based SSL OWA to access their email.

First of all, with either one of these scenarios and ISA 2004 monitoring and reports was there away I could of         told him who accessed his email and when?
If not-this is a fairly small network that is a non-profit with really no trade secrets or desirable  data. Should I have set it up in away in which I could have been able to track who was in his email and when - and how common of practice would this be to do so? I would appreciate any thoughts or imput..

Thanks
Mark

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Tracking who logs in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts