• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Rainconnect/Rainwall have been discontinued

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Rainconnect/Rainwall have been discontinued Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rainconnect/Rainwall have been discontinued - 22.May2006 8:08:08 PM   
trebligb

May 22, 2006
Dear valued RainWall and RainConnect customer:
This letter is to inform you that after careful consideration, EMC has decided to halt the sale of RainWall and RainConnect, the high availability solution for Microsoft ISA Server and CheckPoint firewalls.
EMC customers of the Rainfinity Global File Virtualization (GFV), formerly known as RainStorage, are not impacted by this announcement. Rainfinity GFV customers will continue to receive engineering and technical support for one of EMC’s most successful and strategic new products. For any Rainfinity GFV questions, please contact an EMC Sales Representative.
Customers with a current RainWall or RainConnect Support Agreement will receive continued technical support assistance throughout the duration of their Support Agreement. EMC will continue to honor existing multi-year Support Agreements. EMC will continue to evaluate the business requirements for ongoing firewall application and operating system currency.
Customers can renew existing Support Agreements or technical support pro-rated to December 31, 2007. End-of-Life service may extend due to contractual obligations.
As always, we are committed to answering your questions and quickly resolving any issues that you may have. For assistance throughout this
process, please contact us at:
RainWall and RainConnect Sales/Business Support: +1-408-382-5000 or
1-877-RAIN-333
Email: rainwall-sales@emc.com
Technical Support: +1-408-382-5069 or 1-800-479-9880
Email: rain-support@emc.com

Sincerely,
EMC

http://unsub.vresp.com/u.html?ea2fd98948/d15757da24/d84fdfa

San Jose, California 95134
Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html

Post #: 1
RE: Rainconnect/Rainwall have been discontinued - 13.Jun.2006 12:25:23 PM   
satyr69

I was very sad to hear that EMC would not be continuing the Rainwall product.  We have been using it very happilly for over a year now.

We are running two ISA 2004 standard servers with 5 nics each in a clustered configuration (ie. both ISAs connected to the same 5 networks and sharing the load, not a reference to any form of MS Clustering) and rainwall clustering is what has allowed us to have a virtual ip on each network that the servers on each network use as their default gateway while avoiding asynchronous routing issues.  This has worked extremely well with no problems to date.

Does any one have any suggestions for alternatives now that we need to replace Rainwall ?

Firewall sandwiching with load balancers is not a solution when you are trying to talk through the firewalls from multiple directions and at the time i thought that NLB could only present VIP's in two directions and did not have proper bidirectional affinity.  Please correct me if this is not the case.

Rainwall will be missed and we will continue with it for as long as we can...

Kind regards,

Benjamin

(in reply to trebligb)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Rainconnect/Rainwall have been discontinued Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts