• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Subversion through ISA server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Subversion through ISA server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Subversion through ISA server - 23.May2006 12:41:47 AM   
prologic

I am in the process of setting up a secure ISA server gateway.
Some users need to connect to a off site subversion database, but they get an error that means ISA is blocking the traffic.

After a little investigation i found it's because in all probability ISA is blocking "DAV requests" what ever they are... the great thing about the Subversion help is that all it says is "tell you administrator to let through DAV requests"...

can someone please tell me what the *cough* DAV request are, and how do i make ISA server like them?

And why do i get the feeling that to get it to work i'm going to have to do a nasty reg-hack....

anyway...

Thanks for all your help,

Albert
Post #: 1
RE: Subversion through ISA server - 23.May2006 12:48:21 AM   
ClintD

DAV = WebDAV = Web based Distributed Authoring and Versioning

Basically, file share access over HTTP (very basically)

Regular HTTP Methods work with GET, POST, HEAD, etc...
WebDAV works with extended HTTP methods BCOPY, SUBSCRIBE, DELETE, MOVE, POLL, etc... so that changes are allowed to files and versions can be tracked. MSFT's Outlook Web Access relies on WebDAV heavily.

Unless you have configured advanced HTTP filtering on your rule, all of these Methods are allowed. If you configured HTTP filtering, you would have done it by right clicking your access rule and selecting Configure HTTP and then going to the Methods tab and disallowing certain Methods.

One troubleshooting option for you is to go into Monitoring\Logging and add an entry for Client IP Equals %YourIPAddress% and perform Live Logging while your client tries to connect. If ISA is truly blocking the traffic, you should see some 'Denied Connecition' entries in there that you can post up here.

< Message edited by ClintD -- 23.May2006 5:40:51 AM >

(in reply to prologic)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Subversion through ISA server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts