• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Automate Backup to XML??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RE: Automate Backup to XML?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Automate Backup to XML?? - 2.Nov.2007 1:21:34 PM   
cjmiller2

Anybody have any idea why i would get -

"Subscript out of range"  - 800a00009 when i try to use the windows scheduler?

Thanks for you help
CMiller2

(in reply to satya_yvv)
Post #: 41
RE: Automate Backup to XML?? - 20.May2008 10:52:57 AM   
stevenhope

Hi

Give this one a try: http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/2008/05/20/seeking-beta-testers-for-isa-firewall-backup-program/

Steven Hope
Winfrasoft
http://www.winfrasoft.com

(in reply to bhavin78)
Post #: 42
RE: Automate Backup to XML?? - 21.May2008 6:23:59 PM   
Jason Jones

Trawling old threads looking for business...shame on you  

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to stevenhope)
Post #: 43
RE: Automate Backup to XML?? - 21.May2008 7:29:05 PM   
ferrix

Hah, I saw this in the updated list and thought "what a coincidence, didn't Tom just blog about this very thing?" ;)

(in reply to cjmiller2)
Post #: 44
RE: Automate Backup to XML?? - 4.Aug.2008 5:01:26 AM   
rafazpir

Hi Ashok,

I work in the Network Connectivity department of my Company and I have the same problem the people writte in this forum. Here we have 6 ISA Server and I want to make one weekly automatic backup of each one, so i've been researching about it. The results seen in the ISA Server SDK are that with the ExportToFile method you have one Optional Data next to the XML file name, which is a bitwise combination of values from the FpcExportImportOptionalData enumerated type. That Optional Data have the next possibilities (they are constants in vbs):
    - noOptionalData: it's the basic exporting
    - fpcExportImportPasswords: The optional data includes encrypted secret data, such as passwords or shared secrets that are used to create digital signatures for authenticating to RADIUS servers.
    - fpcExportImportUserPermissions: The optional data includes the security roles assigned to delegated administrators. The delegated administrators are identified by the security identifiers (SIDs) of their user accounts, which are included in this optional data. These SIDs, which are relevant to the workgroup or domain of the exporting computer, are not necessarily relevant to that of the importing computer.
    - fpcExportImportServerSpecific: The optional data includes server-specific information, which consists of cache drive settings and SSL certificates.
    - fpcExportImportEnterpriseSpecific: The optional data includes information that is specific to ISA Server Enterprise Edition (available only in ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition).

Working with this I've seen that Exportin with one of the Options above, it's added aditional size to the file witn noOptionalData, and using all together (excepts the last one "fpcExportImportEnterpriseSpecific" because it shows me and error surely because my ISA version is not the Enterprise) the size doesn't become the size got with the manual method (the right-clicking backup).

As you say, i think there is not a backup method in the MS API, but maybe there is a way to make a complete Exporting so that agreed with the right-clicking backup, and I hope someone could tell us something about it.

Tankhs and regards.

< Message edited by rafazpir -- 4.Aug.2008 6:43:00 AM >

(in reply to Ashokk001)
Post #: 45

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> RE: Automate Backup to XML?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts