• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN Group Name Authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN Group Name Authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN Group Name Authentication - 24.May2006 6:26:48 PM   
Zyphron

I am trying to set up a VPN, and I believe I have it properly configured, but I am having trouble with adding groups to the VPN client access.  When I go to the "Groups" tab under the "VPN Client Access" task, I am having problems, here are the symptoms.

I am able to add users from either ISASERVER\User1 or DOMAIN\USER1.  These both authenticate when adding, and then show up in the groups window with namespace, group, domain.

When I try to add a group in the form of DOMAIN\Group1, the group authenticates (underlines itself) when I am adding it, but after I hit OK to add it, I simply get a series of letters/numbers under the group catagory in the group window.  It seems like once the group is added the server 'forgets' what it is, and how to access its information, also, the domain display is blank for these groups.

I am able to add a local group, in the form of ISASERVER\Group1, and that authenticates properly before and after adding. 

Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.  I am completely unable to connect any VPN connection (using either a local or domain username) and this is the only problem that I can guess may be causing it.  If anyone has suggestions to fix my VPN in general, or this particular issue, it would be appreciated. 

Thank you

EDIT:

Actually, I solved this myself, turned out I just needed to update to the latest service pack to prevent ISA from blocking RPC messages. 

< Message edited by Zyphron -- 25.May2006 5:59:56 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN Group Name Authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts