• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN registering it's ip address in DNS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN registering it's ip address in DNS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN registering it's ip address in DNS - 26.May2006 3:04:20 PM   
awj

I have two networks connected via a VPN and ISA 2004 SP2 at each end (Network 1 is 192.168.1.0 and Network 2 is 192.168.2.0 etc), since having to rebuild one of my servers my internal DNS is getting screwed up as the opposite end of the VPN is registering its address in the internal DNS and then the clients end up resolving to the wrong address eg the clients in 192.168.1.0 get the ip address 192.168.2.58 (which is the other end of the VPN) from the DNS rather that the 192.168.1.1 they should get)

I can't see where to stop this as unlike a standard Network Interface i can't see where to stop it registering with DNS.

Any ideas on how to resolve this, i can adjust the DNS manually but it just keeps coming back again.

PS All servers are Windows 2003SP1

Thanks for any help

AWJ
Post #: 1
RE: VPN registering it's ip address in DNS - 31.May2006 5:42:17 PM   
J.F.

Hi Awj:

This might not do it, but try opening the Routing and Remote Access console in Administrative Tools > your ISA box > Network Interfaces > properties of your site-to-site VPN interface > Networking tab > properties of TCP/IP > Advanced button > DNS tab > and uncheck the box to "Register this connection's addresses in DNS".  Keep in mind that ISA can override your custom RRAS settings, so you may need to do this again.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
     JF

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN registering it's ip address in DNS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts