• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

External ip from VPN clients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> External ip from VPN clients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
External ip from VPN clients - 14.Jun.2006 11:30:15 AM   
Franck

Hi  all,

I have a problem with VPN. I have a website running on a internal webserver. I need the security to be handled from IIS itself. So I setup IP restrictions on the website in IIS to allow only the internal network and the vpn clients ip range network access.

The problem is however that when a vpn client connects, and requests the specific website, isa server sends the clients external ip address to iis instead of the VPN ip address. (monitoring says allow on the website publishing rule with source as external and the external ip address of the client) IIS ofcourse wont accept the connection because the external address is not the VPN address of the client.

problem in a nutshell: ISA and ISS see the external ip of a vpn client instead of its VPN ip address when accessing the website.

The rules seem fine, i can reach iis but iis blocks the ip address. VPN clients cant reach random websites on the internet since i didnt put a allow vpn clients http to internet, just to the internal webserver.

I have tried:
Putting the ISA proxy settings in the clients browser.
Setting remote access connections on top at the adapter and bindings order
have the listner of the website publishing rule that listens on the external network for the website listen on the vpn network too.

Any ideas on how to make isa and iis see the vpn ip address instead of the external ip address of vpn clients?

Thank you for your help,

Franck
Post #: 1
RE: External ip from VPN clients - 14.Jun.2006 5:15:55 PM   
Franck

Bumb 

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 2
RE: External ip from VPN clients - 16.Jun.2006 9:00:25 AM   
Franck

Anyone that can help?

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> External ip from VPN clients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts