• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Permission Problem.. I think.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Permission Problem.. I think. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Permission Problem.. I think. - 14.Jun.2006 7:49:17 PM   
Matt-Helm

I just setup my 4th or 5th ISA 2004 server and i'm having a small problem. I loaded up windows server 2003 and than i installed 2004 and applied SP2 to ISA 2004. I haven't yet applied SP1 to 2003. When everything was up and running I joined it to the domain. I had a small problem with my ISP getting the correct static IP so i was using it for a day with a dynamic one. I followed Tom's best practices and made sure i only had the dns server on the internal interface..ect.

When I go to another server/workstation and try and find the ISA 2004 it can't be found. "Windows can not find \\isa2004 blah blah blah"

The network was installed with a DC that was named .com instead of .local. No big deal I guess. I setup DNS on the server and created the appropriate records for there outside mail and website.

I have a few ISA 2004 servers running elsewhere that i tried to compare configuration and see where the problem was with 0 luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
helm
Post #: 1
RE: Permission Problem.. I think. - 17.Jun.2006 12:46:42 PM   
tshinder

Hi Helm,

Did you create a DNS Host (A) record in the domain DNS for that ISA firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Permission Problem.. I think. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts