• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server installed as web proxy?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server installed as web proxy? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server insta... - 19.Jun.2006 6:03:28 PM   
Gabonescu

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to do the same with my new ISA 2004 but I have different isuses:

- I can't see any of my internet web sites is a client is configured to use ISA as a proxy;

To be more exact we've installed ISA Server 2004 Standard (+SP2) on an WIndows 2003 (+SP1) in a SIngle Network Adapter config (we want to use this ISa just for cache). Not special settings just standatd one: a defalult Web rule. When I tried to acces my http://intranet.xx.com the error is

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

I've trieed to Publist this webserver with standard options in the rule but no luck.

There is anybody who can tell me a basic way to publish a classic internal web site fro my users?

Any help is really apreciated!

Thanx,

gabon
Post #: 1
RE: How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server i... - 19.Jun.2006 9:16:33 PM   
Gabonescu

Hello again,

Looks like I was able to find a way to browse my internal websites but the solution looks a little bit strange for me.
The problem that I had was striclty related with the inablility to see all internal wevsites (www.intranet.xxx.com, or any http://172.16.1.200 IP address).
And the solution was to create a rule from Internal to internal in order to access these resources.

What looks very strange for me is the fact that in my Internal network definition I already said in the Web browser Tab "...Bypass proxy for Web serveers in this network" and "Directly access computers specified in the Domains Tab" .

If somebody can come with a different solution I'll be happy to try it!

Gabon

(in reply to Gabonescu)
Post #: 2
RE: How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server i... - 20.Jun.2006 3:18:42 AM   
LLigetfa

You should not loopback through ISA for internal.  What you need to do is manage the proxy exceptions.  Setup WPAD and use it to help propagate exceptions.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to Gabonescu)
Post #: 3
RE: How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server i... - 21.Jun.2006 3:10:11 PM   
Gabonescu

So what you're saying this error is normal and all the clients shoud bypass internal proxy for all internal websites?
This is the normal way to publish an internal website?

Thanx,
Gabon

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 4
RE: How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server i... - 21.Jun.2006 5:13:58 PM   
LLigetfa

Well... normal as in the sense that if internal resources are not managed as *direct* then yes the error is normal.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to Gabonescu)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> How to browse an Internal website with ISA Server installed as web proxy? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts