• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Proxy from the Internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Proxy from the Internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Proxy from the Internet - 29.Jun.2006 5:48:00 PM   
xloveusa

Trying to get an understanding of how to proxy from the Internet. My isa 2004 server is sitting behind a firewall at my office. I want the parents of my students to be able to use my Bess edition content filtering from home. They would enter the name or script configuration into their proxy config of their child's browser. That in turn would enable the proxy filter and keep kids from going to unsafe sites.

My question is how do you configure your server for that? I am used to the inside outside scheme of the proxy server but never have I had to do it in reverse. I thought a reverse proxy configuration would do but then again I am not trying to access my intranet; just forward their requests through my box and keep kids from accessing bad sites.

Dave Love, mcse, ccnp, mcp
Post #: 1
RE: Proxy from the Internet - 30.Jun.2006 5:20:55 PM   
H4ppyGilmore

quote:

My isa 2004 server is sitting behind a firewall at my office

What type of firewall is facing the WAN?  BTW, ISA is also a firewall, too.

How do the parents connect to your network from their home?

You can accomplish what you want, but I've never used Bess filter before.  So I can't really give you any hint on how to send the traffic from parents through it and to the internet. 

(in reply to xloveusa)
Post #: 2
RE: Proxy from the Internet - 30.Jun.2006 10:58:08 PM   
xloveusa

The parents just use a broadband connection and set our proxy server into their browser. Bess is just a content filtering application running inside isa server.

My thought is that they come into our wan connection on one nic and on the other nic I'll have a cable modem that forwards their request to the Internet. Either that or use 2 ips on our wan link for incoming and outgoing connections.

(in reply to H4ppyGilmore)
Post #: 3
RE: Proxy from the Internet - 2.Jul.2006 3:34:27 AM   
H4ppyGilmore

I am not sure why you want to do this.   If the kids wants to go a site, all they have to do is disable the proxy settings on the browser and go straight to the internet.

(in reply to xloveusa)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Proxy from the Internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts