• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 30.Jun.2006 4:13:39 AM   
Redrum1999

I have been using a private certificate on the ISA listener for OMA for several months.  Due to issues with some Smartphones I have decided to purchase a commercial certificate.  I purchased this certificate from Go Daddy and installed it on to the ISA server as addressed in several articles on this site as well as on Microsoft's site.  When I go to the appropriate web listener I can not see this commercial certificate.  I only see the ones that I generated from our private CA server.  What can I be doing wrong?  Why does this process have to be so difficult? 

I have even purchased Dr Tom's ISA Server 2004 book but can find no answer to this issue.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Post #: 1
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 30.Jun.2006 4:48:36 AM   
RAJP

Make sure you restarted the firewall service.

Ray

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 2
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 30.Jun.2006 5:30:01 PM   
Redrum1999

Thanks Ray but my problems are never that easy.  I must admit that I find most of my answers on this website but nothing has clued me in on this error.  I can see the cert under my personal folder in the certificate management console.  The root server is listed in the Tursted Root Certification Authorities.  I just does not appear in the list of certificates that are available to listener for the SSL port.

(in reply to RAJP)
Post #: 3
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 30.Jun.2006 9:02:35 PM   
Redrum1999

Just learned an expensive lession.  It's all about sequencing.  For OMA or Exchange Active Sync you need to first create the certificate request form IIS (for us it was on our lone exchange server).  Submit the cert request to the Commercial CA.  Apply the certificate recieved from the Commercial CA to the IIS server.  Export the cert from the IIS server (with keys) and import into the ISA server. 

Thanks for all the help.

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 4
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 20.Jul.2006 4:43:18 PM   
BillBrosius

Redrum1999,

Are you publishing both OWA and OMA (ActiveSync)?  If so, how did you set it up?  I am struggling with the same issue.  I want to get a commercial cert from verisign, but can't figure out how to apply it to ISA so that both Form-Base authentication and basic authentication can work.  I orgingally set up my ISA - Exchange relationship by following the steps in this article:

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html

Not sure how to approach it using commercial cert from Verisign though.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 5
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 27.Jul.2006 12:36:51 AM   
Redrum1999

Here's the Key... you need to setup a listener for OWA and a seperate one of OMA.  I set mine up as two different Web addresses and created a certificate for each one.  I am using a comercial certificate for the OMA (Active Sync) and self generated certificate for OWA.
Here's my email address if you want more specific details: cmartin@beveragedistr.com

(in reply to BillBrosius)
Post #: 6
RE: Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener - 2.Mar.2010 11:04:09 AM   
species5618

Hello,

I'm not sure how to apply the commercial certificate to IIS, since all I got from them was a string of text (I saved it in a *.cer file)
I know how to import this .cer file into the certificates MMC snapin, but I don't think that's the answer I'm looking for, right?

Any help will be appreciated.

Gr. Species

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Commercial Certificate is unavailable to Listener Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts