• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem publishing OMA and Active-Sync behind authenticate firewall

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Problem publishing OMA and Active-Sync behind authenticate firewall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem publishing OMA and Active-Sync behind authentic... - 3.Jul.2006 10:37:49 PM   
kernel32

Hello all

We are having a problem getting Outlook Mobile Access and Active-Sync to work behind our ISA 2000 firewall. Our corporate security policy calls for all of these services to be behind an authenticated firewall. We have published Outlook Web Mail this way, and it works fine. A user connects to the web site, and ISA 2000 first throws up a firewall login screen, then after authentication, the user gets to the OWA login page. However, when we try to access the OMA page or the Active-Synce page using the same method, the user receives the ISA login the same, but no matter how many time we enter the credentials, we can not get past the ISA login. Here is our setup:

Exchange 2003 SP2
All sites require SSL
Using forms based authentication
All mobile devices are Starcom Smart Phones running Mobile 5.0 with the security feature pack installed
ISA server 2000 with exchange web server published using a "Web Publishing Rule" and set to only allow connections from users of a certain active Directory group.

I have followed the steps in the MS knowledge base articles to make OMA work when you have SSL forced and forms based authenticaton on OWA, and it is working fine in house. I can access all three pages no problem from inside the network (OWA, OMA and Active-Synce), but only OWA works from the Internet. If I try to access these pages using IE6, I get the following symptoms:

OMA:
ISA login (enter credentials)
ISA login again (enter credentials)
Errors out with this message: HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.

Active-Sync:
ISA login (enter credentials)
Errors out with a simple page saying this: Error: Access is Denied.

If I turn off the authentication part of the web publishing rule, everything works just fine. I can sync our smart phone or surf the OMA page via the Internet.

Does anybody know if this configuration is possible?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Web Publishing >> Problem publishing OMA and Active-Sync behind authenticate firewall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts