• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mcafee web filtering product

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mcafee web filtering product Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mcafee web filtering product - 10.Jul.2006 11:49:11 AM   
almighty1

Hi,

We are looking at adding Mcafee Security Shield to our two ISA servers to provide anti-virus, content filtering and spyware protection. From reading the pdfs from mcafee, its seems that their product is more geared towards the mail server side of ISA server (we have a seperate non-isa mail server). Ive read the reviews on this software and its a very mixed bag.

Is anybody using this software to provide HTTP content filtering? And whats their general overall rating of it.

Any input is very much appreciated.
R.

< Message edited by almighty1 -- 10.Jul.2006 11:50:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mcafee web filtering product - 11.Jul.2006 9:14:37 AM   
Sunny.C

Hey there,

I think that there is nothing good at the moment for ISA virus filtering. I have  heard that most Virus solution companies are pulling back there products due to the security features in the up coming ISA 2006.
If i had to choose any i would go with GFI i guess.

Regards,

Sunny.C

(in reply to almighty1)
Post #: 2
RE: Mcafee web filtering product - 28.Jul.2006 11:01:25 AM   
guptamanish1983

HI

I think SecurityShield is a very nice product . I test this product and found that it is a wonderful product in comparsion with other product who are providing content Security.

Thanks

(in reply to almighty1)
Post #: 3
RE: Mcafee web filtering product - 1.Aug.2006 2:37:21 PM   
carlos_andres

Folks,

Ive been testing GFI Web monitor and It is a really bad solution, It crashes the Firewall Service at least 3 times a week in my case, went to the GFI forum and found out that I am not the only one with the issue and so far they dont have any answer, I guess they are planning a new product design.

Regards.

(in reply to guptamanish1983)
Post #: 4
RE: Mcafee web filtering product - 4.Aug.2006 9:54:33 AM   
Antioch

We use GFI's WebMonitor over here and we have not had any firewall crash issues with it. You might want to contact their support directly by e-mail!

Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not for illumination.

(in reply to carlos_andres)
Post #: 5
RE: Mcafee web filtering product - 16.Sep.2006 4:13:44 AM   
RAJP

I've got 1,300 users behind WebMonitor and we only had one fault which was fixed by sending them the debug logs and the latest version. It's rock solid for us.

Ray

(in reply to Antioch)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Mcafee web filtering product Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts