• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) - 21.Jul.2006 10:02:32 PM   
vaporz53

hello,
        We are having trouble accessing the webmail server externally.Access to the server internally is working fine..Are there any issues that i can look for..We are thinking that this could be a DNS issue but I am having ah hard time believing that
thanks in advance
-Jude Olwell
Post #: 1
RE: cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) - 21.Jul.2006 10:24:30 PM   
elmajdal

what have done to access it from external networks ?? have u published it?

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to vaporz53)
Post #: 2
RE: cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) - 22.Jul.2006 3:46:18 AM   
garconer

beyond publishing it via ISA Server Web Publishing Wizard, you must make sure you already have an entry in your external DNS that points to your webmail's server IP Address.
For instance, if you are willing to access to your webmail using the address webmail.yourcompany.com, you must create an entry type A (HOST) or ALIAS.

Refer to www.technet.com to more information.

Garcone

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3
RE: cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) - 24.Jul.2006 3:39:18 PM   
vaporz53

Ok...We have the server published and the dns is already configured..Yet still unable to login externally.I had mentioned before that this is the mail server, I was wrong, this is the mail archiever server..I dont hink that this would be any different..The webmail server is working properly through the ISAserver(2004).Again any help would be much appriciated.Thank you

(in reply to garconer)
Post #: 4
RE: cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) - 25.Jul.2006 10:24:52 PM   
vaporz53

ok now as it seems it the isa server is forwarding all external incoming traffic to the exchange server which is already published.What want this to do is forward to another webserver...please help..thanks in advance

(in reply to vaporz53)
Post #: 5
outlook2003 gives error while connecting to gmail pop a... - 28.Jul.2006 12:21:24 PM   
qskn73

hi,

I want to access my gmail account using my outlook2003. but outlook gives me the error to logon on the gmail server.
Even he finds the pop3 and smtp servers of the gmail server. i m using the settings as per gmail helpcentre.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278.

Is there any special settings into firewal rule .

Thanks as advance.

Qasim

(in reply to vaporz53)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> cannot access webmail server (PLEASE HELP ASAP) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts