• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP filter

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> HTTP filter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP filter - 24.Jul.2006 11:46:34 AM   
ThatOtherGuy

Hi,

I'm having serious issues in configuring the filter.  I need to use it as I need to block content types and extensions. But I have sites that don't display correctly or at not all. And even this is inconsistent. One day a specific site works and on another day that site doesn't work. My clients are configured as SecureNat and Web Proxy clients and some are Firewall Clients. I have discovered that with some of the firewall clients just taking out the script(default) allows some of the websites to work, while other websites need the HTTP filter to be disabled(well, I don't know what else to do).

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: HTTP filter - 26.Jul.2006 10:32:52 AM   
textguru

How about the Order of the FW policies? 

(in reply to ThatOtherGuy)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTP filter - 26.Jul.2006 11:58:08 AM   
ThatOtherGuy

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have now changed the order of my rules. My first rule blocks streaming protocols, the second one blocks all access to the LAN with a few exceptions, the third rule allows the basic protocols and the last few just re-emphasises the exceptions in rule 2.

In the process I also ran a few scripts that I found on isatools that block sasser, netsky and in the allow rule(3) there are a few signatures and extensions that are blocked.

My initial test showed that one of the sites that were problematic is now working properly, and I have enabled the HTTP filter.

I will keep you informed if this was the problem.

Thanks.

(in reply to textguru)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> HTTP filter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts