• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can ISAserver configured with a linux client??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 1:15:32 PM   
True_Friend

Hi.
i am a windows + linux user. i have dual boot with xp 2006 + Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. I am using cable net. my provider is using ISAserver on his machine. on xp i can connect to internet as he installed Windows Firewall Client on my system. but on linux i can not get the internet access because of ISAserver. there is no windows firewall client on linux so i can not connect to internt althoug i can access with in the LAN or Ethernet but not the internet. can some body tell me a solution to configure my linux system for ISAserver?????
i will be very thankful.
Regards.
True_Friend
Post #: 1
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:10:31 PM   
elmajdal

have u tried to configure the Linux machine as a SecureNat client , that is to put the Internal IP of the ISA server as the Default Gateway for the Linux Machine.

and then on the ISA create a rule for that specific Linux Machine a rule to allow the protocols u need and the condition to be ALL Users.

HTH

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to True_Friend)
Post #: 2
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:11:24 PM   
aklimkin

Only the anonymous access (by IP address) to the Internet is possible for non-Windows clients behind the ISA server. Either ask you 'provider' to allow the particular IP address of your machine to get out to the Internet, or most probably you stuck with Windows-only web browsing.

Regards,
Andrew

Post #: 3
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:13:49 PM   
ITEngineer

quote:

Only the anonymous access (by IP address) to the Internet is possible for non-Windows clients behind the ISA server

Thats not true , as you can configure macintosh machines to be a WebProxy client as well beside as being a secure nat client.

(in reply to aklimkin)
Post #: 4
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:15:34 PM   
elmajdal

yep i had some macintosh computers that i configured them as web proxy clients and then get a username/password pop up to enter their username/password that i have created them in AD.

Sweet.

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to ITEngineer)
Post #: 5
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:36:40 PM   
True_Friend

so there may be a solution in kind of a proxy server.
besides i tried also adding server local ip as default gateway but could not get internet.
now coming back on topic i read a how to in this regard. but i can not understand about the username and password. what username and password for my local server/ISAserver???.
more this method also requires access to server also and i have no access there.

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 6
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 2:56:34 PM   
elmajdal

i asked
quote:

have u tried to configure the Linux machine as a SecureNat client , that is to put the Internal IP of the ISA server as the Default Gateway for the Linux Machine.

and u said :
quote:

besides i tried also adding server local ip as default gateway but could not get internet.

but , what about
quote:

and then on the ISA create a rule for that specific Linux Machine a rule to allow the protocols u need and the condition to be ALL Users.

if u dont have access to ISA server, then ask its administrator to read this thread to to create the following rule:

Allow > All Outbound Protocols > From ( your linux IP ) > to External > All Users

and make sure that the require all users to authenticate is not enabled in ISA :

Tarek Majdalani

Post #: 7
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 3:18:12 PM   
aklimkin

Look, guys.
I always try to never be offensive, but sometimes some folks' posts just drive me crazy.
Yes, I'm telling 'bout you, ITEngineer and you, elmajdal.
When the thread starter explicitely asked about *LINUX* box connectivity, you both eventually started to widespead you "hidden" knowledge about configuring a *MAC* as a web proxy client to the ISA server. For god's sake please explain me what is the good of your phrases here? To show all of 'em what smart asses are both of you? Ah?

Oh. I feel much better.
Please, Mr. Moderator, come and ban me from this forum. No regrets.

< Message edited by aklimkin -- 28.Jul.2006 3:19:26 PM >

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 8
RE: Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? - 28.Jul.2006 4:08:38 PM   
elmajdal

hey man you should see a doctor.
quote:

Oh. I feel much better.

i wont go deeper in this conversation with u as u asked
quote:

For god's sake please explain me what is the good of your phrases here? To show all of 'em what smart asses are both of you? Ah? 

well this question should be asked to u now.

Regards,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

(in reply to aklimkin)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Can ISAserver configured with a linux client?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts