• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VPN site-to-site connections

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VPN site-to-site connections Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VPN si... - 1.Sep.2006 5:15:29 PM   
skamionek

We are trying to up grade ISA 2000 to ISA2004 and are getting the following error: "Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VPN site-to-site connections".  I have checked Routing and Remote Access and do not see any Site-to-Site connections.  I have VPN remote connections though.  What should I be looking for?  Under network interfaces I have 5
LAN and Demand Dial Interfaces Type Status Connection State Device Name
Loopback Loopback Enabled Connected 
Internet NIC Dedicated Enabled Connected HP NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter #2
Internal NIC Dedicated Enabled Connected HP NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter
Internal Internal Enabled Connected 
Daveb Demand-dial Enabled Disconnected 

Interface Type IP Address Administrative Status Operational Status Incoming bytes Outgoing bytes Static Filters Basic Firewall 
Internal Internal 10.0.0.199 Up Connected 0 0 Disabled Disabled 
Internal NIC Dedicated 10.0.0.5 Up Operational 287,337,392 3,694,889,651 Disabled Disabled 
Loopback Loopback 127.0.0.1 Up Operational 0 0 Disabled Disabled 
Internet NIC Dedicated 66.238.228.150, 66.238.228.151, 66.238.228.153 Up Operational 1,868,049,181 4,218,663,085 Disabled Disabled 

Post #: 1
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 4.Sep.2006 5:14:59 PM   
tshinder

Hi Skam,

Check the Help File for info on dealing with the RRAS config. I think there are some special steps you need to take.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to skamionek)
Post #: 2
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 7.Sep.2006 8:28:34 PM   
skamionek

I have read everything I can find and still stuck in the mud. 

Any other suggestions?

Steve K

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 11.Sep.2006 4:58:20 PM   
tshinder

Hi Steve,

None that I can think of. Wasn't there any reference to the RRAS settings? IIRC, the export won't deal with RRAS and you need to disable RRAS on the machine and then manually recreate the settings.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to skamionek)
Post #: 4
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 20.Sep.2006 4:05:38 PM   
skamionek

If I disable RRAS how long will this proccess take to get the config file?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 21.Sep.2006 2:32:13 PM   
tshinder

Hi Skam,

Can't say. I never did an upgrade from 2000 to 2004. I always recreated the Firewall policy because of the major differences between 2000 and 2004.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to skamionek)
Post #: 6
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 21.Sep.2006 8:31:42 PM   
skamionek

Tom,
Thanks for your help.  I think I'm going to just do an uninstall then install the 2004 version.

I guess I'm going to have to export a list of websites that have been inputted into Destination Sets to a Set labeled "Allowed Websites".  If I right click on the "Set" I can see the list if I select Properties/Destinations.  I cannot highlight and copy.  If I export Lista at the Destinations Group level I see some but not all.

Is there a file or registry key I can get this data from.  Then once I upgrade is there a way I can import this list.

The other inputed allowed/disallowed and other configs, is there an easy way to print/export the data to help with the recreation on the new 2004?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VP... - 22.Sep.2006 3:48:41 PM   
tshinder

Hi Skam,

If you have large destination sets, then that's one reason to use the automated upgrade process, using the upgrade tool for 2000 to 2004. You can then exports your URL Sets and Domain Name Sets from the 2004 installation and use them in your 2006 install. It's a bit of surgery, but easier than having to manually recreate those lists.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to skamionek)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Failed while exporting the Remote Access Service VPN site-to-site connections Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts