• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backing up CSS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Management >> Backing up CSS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backing up CSS - 6.Sep.2006 3:00:31 PM   
nofear

Dears ,

i have A big Data Center and it contains two ISA Enterprise Arrays ,each array is contacining two servers.i have installed the CSS in another seperate servers.

I want to backup my ISA configuration ,in case the DataCenter went down (distroyed for example)  so i can reover all my array policies ,etc ...

How can i do such backup ,what exactly needs backup?
Post #: 1
RE: Backing up CSS - 15.Dec.2006 8:09:46 AM   
hfernandes2001

Hi nofear,
i have the same problem.

I can't find any informations about backup/restore isa server Enterprise configurations.

Isa Server Help file tells about backup the ADAM with ntbackup, but the restore procedure don't work !!!

Any ideas ???

(in reply to nofear)
Post #: 2
RE: Backing up CSS - 15.Dec.2006 10:39:45 AM   
Jason Jones

NTbackup will work and can be scheduled - you can then backup the NTbackup output file using another 3rd party backup agent or copy the file to a remote location.

You need to remove the exclusions in NTbackup that get added for ADAM by default on the CSS, otherwise it will not backup all of the necessary files needed. You can backup ADAM online as it turns on shadow copy.

You also need to make sure that when you restore, you overwrite the old files and enable the option for "restore mount points". I also believe that you need to stop the ADAM (ISASTGCTRL) service during the restore.

You can also backup all of the settings using the ISA management console at the enterprise and array levels.

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 15.Dec.2006 10:46:10 AM >

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to hfernandes2001)
Post #: 3
RE: Backing up CSS - 17.Jan.2007 6:52:32 AM   
no fear

what if i have many CSs in the same site and remote site .. Now if i restore the CS configuration in one CS...how come i can make sure the other CSs will not write over my restored settings

There is a line in the ISA enterprise help fle that introdice a script called DelISAConfig.vbs.

Please advice where can we find this script and what it will do?

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 4
RE: Backing up CSS - 17.Jan.2007 8:18:39 AM   
Boedus

There is one CSS per Array, so if you restore a CSS you will not impact the other Arrays that are not controlled by the one in question.

There is no point to backup the ISA Servers a part from the CSS Server.

The ISA Servers (Proxy/Firewall) should be "ghosted" for a very quick restore (Less than 15mn with a USB Drive).
You only need to backup the CSS server as it contains the Logs and Configurations.
CSS Server has too be outside the DMZ, in the Lan preferably.

(in reply to no fear)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Management >> Backing up CSS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts