• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Achieving MCP for ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Certification >> Achieving MCP for ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Achieving MCP for ISA - 10.Sep.2006 10:12:19 AM   
mosquitooth

Hi,

just two questions:

- I'm interested in becoming MCP for the latest ISA Server - is the Exam 70-350 still the one? Especially with ISA 2006?
- Do I become a MCP by 'just' passing this exam?
- Which book would be the best to prepare for this exam? Perhaps this one: http://www.amazon.com/MCSE-Self-Paced-Training-70-350-Pro-Certification/dp/0735621691/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_1/104-1529920-3573554?ie=UTF8 ?

Best regards,

Peter
Post #: 1
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 10.Sep.2006 5:12:04 PM   
tshinder

Hi Peter,

I don't think there is going to be an ISA 2006 exam, so go for the ISA 2004 exam.

Our book will put you in the  best position for passing. Make sure to download the ISA EE chapter after getting the book.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mosquitooth)
Post #: 2
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 12.Nov.2006 2:33:04 AM   
kenzo

hi man
hope that u r fine
after passing this exam u will be MCP
i have alot of  resources for this exam  if u need
kenzo2001m on yahoo
take care

Post #: 3
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 12.Dec.2006 7:32:38 PM   
mcox

My friend this is my 2 cents worth of advice.

To prepare for this exam, and most importantly to get practical experience with ISA 2004 - the best thing you can do is get a couple of 2nd computers, setup a small domain with exchange 2003, a web server, etc running and also an internet connection. Then setup one PC with 3 NICs running ISA 2004 as your firewall; one NIC as internal, one as external and one as a DMZ. Then play with the ISA server using something like a MS training kit or a Trainsignal ISA video (very easy to undestand). My friend I tell you the truth, you will thoroughly enjoy setting up the ISA server. The experience is good and very rewarding. Once you try out VPN, publishing, OWA, etc - it will give you the confidence to tackle any scenario out there where ISA 2004 or 2006 is used.

Thanks
MC.

Post #: 4
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 13.Dec.2006 4:53:10 AM   
dmecha

Hi man,

I passed the 70-350 last month itīs was hard but as you can see itīs possible to pass, you only need to study the right books and do a lot of tests that you can find in internet (the problem is that you need to pay for them).

If you need help just email me at dgmecha@urbanscience.com.

Good luck.

(in reply to mcox)
Post #: 5
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 3.Jan.2007 3:28:55 AM   
q_hira

hello all

i also want to pass ISA server exam as i have passed 70-270and 70-290
does any one have Dumps for this Exams ...
plz help me

thanx n regards
hira

(in reply to dmecha)
Post #: 6
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 5.Jan.2007 10:17:55 AM   
Boedus

Bad boy!

Dumps are for the weaks.
Study hard, improve yourself and make the difference with the others.
This is not by passing your exams with Dumps that you will have a succesful carreer.
Come to interview, if the guy is more skilled than you and begin to ask some technical questions you will be in deep s***...And if the guy is not, the day you will have a real issue with your Windows/ISA Server your boss will not understand why you are not able to solve it...

See my point ? Bad boy, Bad boy what you gonna do when they'll come for you...lol

quote:

ORIGINAL: q_hira

hello all

plz help me

thanx n regards
hira

(in reply to q_hira)
Post #: 7
RE: Achieving MCP for ISA - 2.Feb.2007 7:22:54 AM   
fsec

quote:

ORIGINAL: mcox

My friend this is my 2 cents worth of advice.

To prepare for this exam, and most importantly to get practical experience with ISA 2004 - the best thing you can do is get a couple of 2nd computers, setup a small domain with exchange 2003, a web server, etc running and also an internet connection. Then setup one PC with 3 NICs running ISA 2004 as your firewall; one NIC as internal, one as external and one as a DMZ. Then play with the ISA server using something like a MS training kit or a Trainsignal ISA video (very easy to undestand). My friend I tell you the truth, you will thoroughly enjoy setting up the ISA server. The experience is good and very rewarding. Once you try out VPN, publishing, OWA, etc - it will give you the confidence to tackle any scenario out there where ISA 2004 or 2006 is used.

Thanks
MC.

I have been working with ISA 2004 Standard and ISA 2004 Enterprise for a year now. I have Shinder, MS Kit and Trainsignal and am planning to take the exam on Monday 12th Feb.

I have 4 machines set up in a lab env. at home, recreating a domain with excahnage AD etc (no web server though) and have been practicing for this exam playing around with the lab.

quote:

ORIGINAL: q_hira

hello all

plz help me

thanx n regards
hira

Dumps are for the lazy and the illiterate. Once you are in real environment, your lack of knowledge and inability to perform will be obvious and you will get the boot immediately. People who use dumps are the ones that give the genuine people a bad name.

Anyone looking for dumps should look elsewhere among their own kind.

my tuppence

(in reply to mcox)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> ISA Server 2004 Certification >> Achieving MCP for ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts