• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall Client won't connect to 2nd ISA server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client won't connect to 2nd ISA server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall Client won't connect to 2nd ISA server - 13.Sep.2006 5:11:41 PM   
fastjack

hi there

we currently have 2 ISA server 2004 servers configured on seperate AD Sites but in the same DNS and domain.  I haven't setup any automatic configuration and plan just to use the FWCtool to script which server the clients should look at.

If I change my server in the FWC to server1 it shows up with a red cross and I am unable to connect to any external services.  If I change it to server2 I am then able to connect out.  I have disabled FWC on server2 but I am still unable to connect out via server1.  The error message is "disabled: ISA Server XXXX is not accessible"

Using server1 has worked as I completed some testing on that before configuring the server2.  I have checked that the name exists in DNS, is unique.  I have tried using the IP address in the FWC but that won't connect either.

I am now stumped, hence posting on here.  any help would be appreciated.

FJ
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall Client won't connect to 2nd ISA server - 18.Sep.2006 6:00:10 PM   
fastjack

sorted!

turns out we had a DNS/WINS crash, and the entry for server one had been removed from the DNS server but not the WINS server, which explains why I could ping, and Rdp to it but not connect with the FWC.

Simply re-added the DNS entry and it started working ok

(in reply to fastjack)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client won't connect to 2nd ISA server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts