• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

IBM ServeRAID Manager v8.25 or later + ISA = no web proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> IBM ServeRAID Manager v8.25 or later + ISA = no web proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM ServeRAID Manager v8.25 or later + ISA = no web proxy - 15.Sep.2006 6:45:25 PM   
RAJP

IBM uses the ServeRAID Manager software not only to configure hard drive arrays, but also to monitor their health and report the physical drive status back to IBM Director. If a hard drive begins predicting a failure, even before it dies, ServeRAID Manager and IBM Director will generate an alert. If you do not have the ServeRAID Manager software and corresponding Director ServeRAID Agent installed on the server, you cannot get alerts of pending hard drive failures.

Beginning with ServeRAID Manager v8.25 (v8.30 is current), a new service called "ServeRAID FlashCopy Agent" is installed by default. It is not documented anywhere that I could find. Unfortunately, this new service uses port 8080 to do its thing. Since installing ServeRAID Manager normally does not require a reboot, it may be quite awhile before you see the conflict.

Once the Microsoft Firewall service is stopped and restarted for any reason (manually, a reboot, etc.), the service named "ServeRAID FlashCopy Agent" will grab port 8080 before ISA starts up. This will generate two yellow Application events, ID 14148:

"The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to <internal IP address> port 8080. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure."

and

"The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 127.0.0.1 port 8080. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure."

And now you have no Internet access via the web proxy service. Stopping and disabling this ServeRAID FlashCopy Agent service will allow a normal restart of the Microsoft Firewall service. Alternately, you can change the installation defaults and simply not install that service at all. It's apparently used to copy flash images from one server to another, something I've never needed to do.

Ray

< Message edited by RAJP -- 16.Sep.2006 1:15:44 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> IBM ServeRAID Manager v8.25 or later + ISA = no web proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts