• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Buy a commercial digital certificate or not?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? - 16.Sep.2006 11:37:48 PM   
jackheem

I need to publish a web site that is behind my ISA server.  The web site is for members (about 400 of them) and they need to login on the home page in order to use the site. This initial login page needs to be a secure connection so I will be bridging HTTPS to HTTPS from the ISA to the web server and HTTPS to HTTPS from the client to the ISA firewall.  My question is, do I make my own certificate for the web server and the ISA bridge and then purchase a commercial one for the clients and the ISA?  Or use the commercial one only and make the bridge between the ISA and the web server HTTP?  
Post #: 1
RE: Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? - 19.Sep.2006 3:24:47 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jack,

Create your own certificate and bind it to the Web site.

Use the commercial certificate on the ISA Firewall's Web listener.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to jackheem)
Post #: 2
RE: Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? - 28.Sep.2006 2:49:29 PM   
yatin_fredrick

Hi Tom,

thanks for your help...jack here..

do you have any article which highlights exact steps on installing commercial certificate on the ISA server and enterprise ROOT CA on web server?

I am sure i saw one article on either msexchange.org or isaserver.org...but now i am not getting it...

that article mentioned something about deleting the commercial certificate from the website and installing enterprise certificate on webserver...

thanks again...

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? - 29.Sep.2006 3:28:49 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jack,

I did do an article series for TechProGuild on how to use commercial certificates on the ISA Firewall and private certificates on the back end Web site. They might have even made it available in the free area, check it out.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to yatin_fredrick)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Buy a commercial digital certificate or not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts