the net way is impossible (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General

zibippo -> the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 2:15:47 PM)

the my isa server calls proxycas2

because when I do \\proxycas2 from any client tells me that finding the net way is impossible? are there some protections to disable? hi

elmajdal -> RE: the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 2:55:02 PM)

quote:

the my isa server calls proxycas2

because when I do \\proxycas2 from any client tells me that finding the net way is impossible? are there some protections to disable? hi

by default, when u install isa 2004 all communication between the different networks that passes through isa is blocked via the default Deny rule.

so u will have to edit the system policies and create access rules to meet ur security needs.

when i read that u r trying to browse to \\proxycas2 i feel that u want to make ur isa server as a fileserver or what ???

zibippo -> RE: the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 3:25:23 PM)

was a curiosity of mine do not succeed to understand xché am not able to sail with internet explorer from the isa server if I take away the settings of the proxy.

zibippo -> RE: the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 3:32:03 PM)

can you better explain to yourself please ? must do a new acces rule as? of what type? my isa server 2004 configuration is with a one network  card

elmajdal -> RE: the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 6:33:05 PM)

cant help you with one nic isa !!

never used an isa server with one nic, cuz i dont understand then what will be internal and what will be external to ISA !!!

if u want to have a real firewall , install a 2nd nic into ISA.

zibippo -> RE: the net way is impossible (18.Sep.2006 8:42:05 PM)

but he looks that the configuration exists with a one net card! the template even exists in isa server 2004, I have set up it and I works. for the internal addresses telling him what they are is enough ...

elmajdal -> RE: the net way is impossible (19.Sep.2006 1:26:16 AM)

yes the template exists in ISA , but its not a recommened installation and you will not have a real firewall.

your isa will function as a webproxy only for HTTP/HTTPS protocols.

zibippo -> RE: the net way is impossible (19.Sep.2006 1:46:23 AM)

OK then I put us the second network card ... but then he automatically knows what the outside addresses are? is it for this that I am not able to navigate on the isa server taking away the settings of the proxy? do I have a hardware firewall cisco in front of the isa which template advises me to use for the new configuration with 2 network cards?

elmajdal -> RE: the net way is impossible (19.Sep.2006 1:58:17 AM)

Yes put a 2nd NIC into your ISA to eliminate all your problems you are having.

before 3 years i was using PIX ( 2 PIX with failover option ).

and i was having ISA 2000 with these PIX as a front-end back-end firewalls.

but when i upgraded to ISA 2004, i moved those PIX to the store [:)], as ISA 2004 is more secure than PIX.

read this article to decide what you will do with your pix : http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004isapixdmz.html

zibippo -> RE: the net way is impossible (19.Sep.2006 4:17:32 PM)

but isa understands what are automatically the outside addresses? with 2 net cards?

Page: [1]