• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Programming >> Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL - 18.Sep.2006 5:33:28 PM   
hjadkins

Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL

I’m posting this message to save some people the frustration I encountered when trying to publish  a web service on another port besides port 80 or 443 behind a ISA 2004 server.   When you create a web service in .Net 2.0 and deploy it to IIS behind an ISA server and then browse to that web service and click the “service description” link you will notice the auto generated WSDL will show “import schemaLocation” and “soap:address location” to have the local port address not the outside public address, making the WSDL useless.  When trying to reference the web service from a .net 2.0 project, the Web Discovery Service throws a message like “Unable to download following file from …” because the ports don’t match up.  I tried to program my way around this by overriding the “ReflectionContext.ServiceDescription” or creating a proxy class for my schema or proving a custom WSDL, but the simplest thing to do is let ISA change the WSDL XML document using the “Link Translation” option inside your publishing rule. So when it see https://ws.mydomain.com:494/ for example, it will replace it to https://ws.mydomain.com/ dropping the port.  The content type you want to use is “documents” when you define your replacement string for the WSDL doc.

Hope you guys find this useful,  should solve the issue for web farms to.  I could of used it several hours ago.

John
Post #: 1
RE: Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL - 19.Sep.2006 3:45:32 AM   
tshinder

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to hjadkins)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Programming >> Publishing web services behind ISA - WSDL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts