• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP authorisation details vanish...?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> FTP authorisation details vanish...? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP authorisation details vanish...? - 22.Sep.2006 6:37:08 AM   
Stoneink

I'm in the process of rolling out my first installation of ISA2004 and noticed something strange which I assume is an access rule issue.

When I use one of the lab stations to log into my ISP's FTP server via the new ISA2004 box...
* Logging into the FTP server works fine.
* Whenever I try to upload any file I am informed by the FTP client that the password is wrong.

Using the same lab station to log into the same FTP server via the old ISA2000 box (by changing the ISA server in the firewall client and the TCP/IP settings on the NIC)...
* Logging into the FTP server still works fine.
* Uploading the same html file works without a problem.

Can anyone suggest what it is that I've stuffed up and need to resolve?

* ISA2004 (with service pack 2) is installed on Windows 2003 Server (with service pack 1)
* Windows 2003 Security Configuration Wizard has been run.
* ISA2004 is part of the Active Directory.
* The old ISA2000 box is not part of the domain (it is within the IP range, but is a seperate Workgroup based on a recommendation I seem to recall I found here some years ago)

The new ISA2004 box is not yet deployed into production and as such the only access rules configured on it are the default ones suggested by Dr Shinder for during the testing phase, namely 'Internal DNS Server to Forwarder' and 'All Open' (& obviously ISA2004's default Deny All 'Last Default rule')

Apart from the SCW, no other hardening has been performed.

ISA2004 is still in the default 'Edge Firewall' network configuration.
The DMZ network card is installed and connected to a router, but no other machines are connected to that router yet. I want to get everything working before I add in the complications of the "3-Leg Perimeter" configuration.

ISA2004s connectivity tests for Active Directory, DNS (local & internet) & Web are all 'Good' status.

Thanks folks
Post #: 1
RE: FTP authorisation details vanish...? - 22.Sep.2006 7:15:29 AM   
Stoneink

Oops.
Should have run the Best Practices Analyser before asking for help.

Item 1 :-
'A policy rule blocks FTP uploads'...
Cool bananas :)

(in reply to Stoneink)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> FTP authorisation details vanish...? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts